By Cookery Nation
Once you have tasted homemade ice cream, there is no going back. It is so much more economical, and downright yummy! This step by step recipe shows you how easy it is to make your own decadent chocolate ice cream.
This recipe’s proportions will typically make about 2 quarts of finished ice cream, however this is a bit denser so you will probably end up with closer to 1 1/2 quarts.
I like to make this when I have a little extra lead time before wanting to eat it. Sometimes I will make the mixture and then just let it chill overnight. I will throw it in the ice cream maker in the morning and by dinner time it is set up just how I like it.
If you prefer it softer, there is no need to chill once it is done in the ice cream maker.
I like using dutch process cocoa for this recipe, but you can substitute natural cocoa.0.0 stars based on
Yield: 10 servings
1. Place a saucepan on drop
2. Add heavy cream
3. Add white sugar
4. Add cocoa powder
5. Add salt
6. Mix until combined
7. Heat on medium heat until boiling and turn off heat
8. Add chopped bittersweet chocolate
9. Stir until completely melted
10. Add milk
11. Add vanilla extract
13. Cool until cold while stirring occasionally
14. Chill in fridge for approx 3h
15. Pour carefully in ice cream maker
16. Churn in ice cream maker for approx 35min
18. Transfer mixture to plastic container
19. Chill in freezer for approx 3h until firm