By Cookery N.
Cooking rice pudding in a slow cooker is a fantastic way to create a heart warming dessert with limited fuss.
The beauty of using the slow cooker is that you can just throw the ingredients in and let the cooker do its thing. It also does not heat up the kitchen like the oven method does.
This is also a fantastic dessert for when company is coming. Everyone will think you worked all afternoon on this decadent dessert. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.0.0 stars based on
Yield: 8 servings
1. Get a clean medium bowl
2. Add white rice
3. Rinse with water until water runs clear then set aside
4. Get a clean medium bowl
5. Add milk
6. Add granulated white sugar
7. Stir until sugar has dissolved
8. Add salt
9. Add vanilla extract
10. Add ground nutmeg
11. Add raisins
12. Transfer rice to milk mixture
13. Stir briefly
14. Pour to slow cooker for 2h 30min on high heat
15. Let rest to slow cooker for 40min
16. Stir well