By Cookery Nation
I scream, you scream … enough said. Homemade ice cream is indeed one of my favourite indulgences. I usually have a scoop in the evening while I watch tv. It is my treat at the end of the day.
The key to creamy, smooth ice cream is the inclusion of fat and sugar. If lower fat milk/cream is used, the texture will be more "icy" and less "creamy". Using sugar substitutes will also affect the texture.
If you like ice cream that is soft-serve consistency, there is no need to chill it after coming out of the ice cream maker. I like mine a bit firmer, so I chill it for 3 - 4 hours after processing.0.0 stars based on
Yield: 10 servings
1. Get a clean medium bowl
2. Add cold milk
3. Add white sugar
5. Add salt
6. Add vanilla extract
7. Add cold heavy cream
8. Chill in fridge for approx 1h
9. Pour carefully in ice cream maker
10. Churn in ice cream maker for approx 35min until creamy
12. Transfer cream to plastic container
13. Chill in freezer for approx 3h until firm